Cottage Chair Makeover



I bought a few of these second-hand colonial carvers (advertised as dining chairs) with visions of using two as head chairs at each end of my dining table. However, when I picked them up and saw them in person I knew straight away it was not to be....they were massive and would be waaay to tall for my little dining space.
So, they sat in the garage for a while, looking sad and dusty:


After some time, I made-over the first of them in a black theme (you can check it out here), so thought that this time around I'd stick with pure white.

The head rest has a wonderful pressed-back.

Given the amount of detail in the chair's frame I used an air spray gun to paint it before distressing the finish and coating it with a clear acrylic sealer.
The co-ordinating footstool was built from scratch out of old timber. It was then upholstered and given four cute little feet made from cut down old side table legs.


The braid trim gives a nice finishing touch.

The plain seat pad was enhanced with the addition of four buttons and to complete the look a new cushion was made from ticking and toile.


Now complete, this charming ensemble is really a breath of fresh air. What a sweet addition for someone's living room, reading corner or boudoir.
With no-where for it to live in my little home it was recently sold by auction on eBay.




Post a Comment

Daha yeni Daha eski