Living Room Update....Before and After

Beside delegation, the key to good time management is prioritisation, right? 
So, amongst caring for a seven month old, running a household and pretending to be a web programmer (the new blog design is slowly getting there) what's another important task?
Well, teaching yourself to juggle of course (yep, you read right, my current record is 26 consecutive tosses of Charlotte's squishy, coloured blocks).
Of course, I'm not really staying up 'til midnight chucking balls in the air, it just struck me as funny when yesterday I caught myself continuing to practise after even Charlotte had lost interest.

Anyhoo, in the spirit of prioritisation I thought I should finally make the time to share my updated living room as promised.


I originally blogged about the new distressed leather sofas here (I use the term 'new' rather loosely as we have now had them for over a year). With a dog, a baby and one, let's just say, not un-clumsy husband they have been the BEST. I can't count the number of times we've simply wiped off dirty paw prints, regurgitated milk or special spicy szechuan sauce, looked at each other and in unison said, "that's why we bought leather couches".

The fern pictures are free printables. I recently posted about them here (the fern images I used are included in the original post so you can print them for yourself if you're interested :-)

The coffee table was an eBay find I refurbished. If you missed the original makeover post you can check it out here.
Sorry about the poor 'before' pic. I took it straight off the eBay listing.


The card catalogue, which you can catch glimpses of in some of the following photos, was another eBay buy. You can read more about it in this previous post.


Due to such close proximity, for reasons of continuity the industrial style pendant over the lounge area matches the one above our dining table.



I picked up the replica Tolix stool from eBay. It helps create a gentle link with the dining end of the space without looking too matchy-matchy.


Overall, I'm really happy with the feel of the space though I would love to break up some of the brown with a gorgeous ticking or light jute area rug though the angles in the room don't really allow for it :-(
However....whilst I can't really justify changing the perfectly fine floor at the moment there is talk that we will be replacing it (one day) which just might be the excuse I need to try painting it first (if you are my husband and you are reading this that whole last sentence was just a typo).

I know some of you will wonder why I bothered changing a perfectly nice enough room to begin with?
Well, the new (and kinda necessary) sofas were the catalyst and it was just time for something fresh (plus I have decorating ADD :-)


The only thing missing from the previous photos was this little guy....


He's pretty much always in that exact spot - well, there, or beneath Charlotte's highchair waiting for tasty morsels to fall from the sky (and no, I didn't choose my dog based on his level of colour co-ordination with my interior scheme - though he does blend in nicely, doesn't he?). 

Linking this little room makeover up here.


RESOURCES
Sofas: Plush Sofas $1800 (for both - floor stock)
Coffee Table: eBay $25
Card Catalogue: eBay $120
Tolix Stool: eBay $60
Throw Blanket: Gift
Rectangular Canvas Pillow: IKEA $25
Quilted Ticking Pillow: Home-made from European pillow case, Adairs $18 (on sale)
Damask, Ticking and Linen Pillows: Home-made with fabrics from Spotlight
Lamp: Sokol $110 (wholesale)
Pendant Light: Early Settler $80 (on sale)


PROJECTS



Post a Comment

Daha yeni Daha eski