How To Remove Damaged Veneer From Furniture

Have you ever passed up a piece of furniture because of damaged veneer?  These tips and tricks for removing stubborn veneer may make you think twice about passing up another great piece again. 

On Thursday evening's you'll likely find me at a local estate and consignment auction.   Mainly picking up small items for my shop and my own home and an occasional piece of furniture.  The furniture is usually not my style, but every once in a while I've been able to snag a great piece.  Just this past Thursday, I scored a cute little three drawer dresser that was begging for a makeover.  It had quite a bit of damage, including splitting wood, chipped and loose veneer and a few random holes and gashes.  It was the perfect project piece and the detail on the drawers was too good to pass up.  

damaged three drawer dresser before
I originally thought I could use wood glue to repair the damaged veneer, but once I got it home I realized the damage was far worse than I thought.  Wood glue wasn't going to cut it and instead I had to remove all the veneer.  It was definitely a learning project and a lot of work, but I'm happy with how it turned out.
Read more »

Post a Comment

Daha yeni Daha eski