A Beautiful Bright and Modern Bassett Dresser Makeover

A beautiful vintage Bassett dresser gets a fresh modern look with a high contrast, two-tone makeover. 


I know, I know, many of you are cringing and shaking your head at the thought of painting a gorgeous vintage Bassett dresser.  Believe me, I had all intentions of leaving this beautiful piece in its original condition, but sadly there was a little too much damage on the body and bottom drawers to leave it as is.   There were also a few knicks on the top three drawers, but the detail on those drawers was just too pretty to cover up.  Giving this classic piece a two-tone makeover was the best of both worlds and allowed me to keep some of the beautiful original wood while giving it a fresh modern makeover.

A beautiful vintage Bassett dresser gets a fresh modern look with a high contrast, two-tone makeover. #bassett #bassettdresser #paintedfurniture #mcm #mcmfurniture #furnituremakeover #twotonefurniture

I really loved this piece in our entryway and wanted to keep it (surprise, surprise!), but figured it probably wasn't the best idea since I recently kept the gorgeous oak dresser.  I have such a bad habit of wanting to keep every piece I update, but I guess it's a good thing that I love what I do, right? 
Read more »

Post a Comment

Daha yeni Daha eski