Painted Vintage Barrister Style Bookcase

Dark gray paint completely transforms and updates a vintage barrister bookcase.   


I'm always surprised at how much paint can transform furniture, especially when it comes to updating dated pieces like an old oak barrister bookcase.   For months, I had been searching for an affordable barrister bookcase that wasn't $300-$400 and I FINALLY found one.  It wasn't a true vintage barrister bookcase, but the price was right and the seller was nice enough to meet me at a location that knocked 20 minutes off my drive.  So, I hopped in my car and headed out for a little road trip.  

I don't really want to call this oak barrister style bookcase dated, it just wasn't my style.   Don't get me wrong, I love using wood tones in my home, but the color of this particular cabinet was just a little too 1990's for my taste.  It reminded me of the builder grade cabinets in our previous home and that wasn't really something I wanted to replicate in our current home.  Since it wasn't a true vintage barrister bookcase I didn't feel bad about painting it, so I broke out my favorite color (Sherwin-Williams Iron Ore) and got to work. 


Painted vintage barrister style bookcase

Read more »

Post a Comment

Daha yeni Daha eski