Second-Hand Furniture for the Bedroom



(cue bad orchestral soundtrack)

Starring...

Knotty Pine Robe

I-look-better-in-this-picture-than-in-real-life Cabinet

1950's Mirrored Dresser

Blondie (The Antique Kaurie) Cupboard

Goldie (The Gorgeous!) Gilt Frame

and making their second appearance...

...Boring Shmoring Mattress and Base.


Okay, enough of my silliness :-)
It's true though. I'm gonna attempt to put all that stuff in the same room together and (try to!) make it work - with a bit of TLC and some cute decor I think I may just be able to pull it off!

For me, one of the most fun and rewarding things about decorating is the process of hunting down a collection of bargains and then bringing them all together in an imaginative and harmonious way.

I guess it's like a big puzzle, not one of those glossy thousand piece ones though, it's more like a ten piece kids one with dog-eared corners and even a missing nodule here and there which when put together right, although maybe not perfect, still fits snuggly and tells a story.

Gee, I just read that last sentence back a few times and aside from it maybe sounding just a little too deep :-) it really hit the nail on the head for me.
While I love my home to look and feel nice and inviting, I'm really only a part-time perfectionist and sometimes guess it's important to be happy to take flawed over flawless. Let's face it, nothing's really perfect anyway, is it?

So, whadda you guys think?
I mean, is it lazy to settle for less than spectacular or obsessive to aim for it?
Hmmmm....

Post a Comment

Daha yeni Daha eski