Personalized Wall Art Using Wood Cut-Outs

Personalize your home with wall art of a quote or phrase that is special or unique to your family.
Although I love seeing beautiful and well-designed homes and use that inspiration when decorating, all those ideas fall flat if your house doesn’t feel like a home. Designer Nate Berkus believes your house should tell a story and be unique to you, “Everything in my house are these little things that have meaning and make me think of great memories.” Love that – your home will feel more cozy when it’s familiar, right?

Personalized Wall Art

When our oldest was a toddler we started saying, “love you the whole world” and it’s become our love language for all of our kids. So I was excited to see that CraftCuts had some wood cut-out word art in a fun fonts!
I decided to put this phrase in our loft, which is the kids craft and game room.

CraftCuts Order

  • Unfinished Baltic Birch
  • “Breaking Bread” Font
  • 7-inch Height (I measured the wall space to figure out the height)
  • ¼ inch thickness
  • ¼ inch thickness

Color Match

I went with unfinished wood so I could use my own paint and match the exact color of the cabinets in the Loft.
The Birch wood is super easy to paint with a sponge brush and only needed one coat.
Since the edges are brown and there is brown in our loft, I didn’t paint those – I like how the different color gives it dimension and helps it ‘pop’ off the wall.

Easy Hanging




I started with the first and last words and then measured:
  1. The space between “love” and “world”
  2. The remaining words to figure out how much space I needed between each word (4.75 inches).

I DIY’d the photos of my kids and printed them as posters at Office Depot, which I will share in another post. I got the 24×36 in. frames (on sale!) at Michaels.
Because it’s our loft and the kids’ craft/game room, the kids are holding some of their favorite things in the photos – another way to personalize the room.
Sidenote: Don’t be alarmed by the scissors my son is holding. He’s been a scissors-crafting wizard since he was young and we make sure he uses them safely and responsibly.


What words, phrase or verse would be perfect in your home?
Great news! CraftCuts is offering 10% site-wide from today until Saturday (7/27) for my readers with the code “PHH10” so make sure you take advantage of the discount!



Post a Comment

Daha yeni Daha eski