The Nursery Begins!

The Stir

I'd be lying if I said the design for our nursery hadn't been floating around in my head since I saw double blue lines on the pregnancy stick!
Don't get me wrong though, I'm not having a baby just so I get a whole new room to decorate (truly ruly) however for me it's one of the bonuses :-)

The to-be nursery is currently our study/home office/catch-all/junk room which has never been properly 'done'. It's a teeny-tiny 2.5 meters square (8x8 feet) which should make for an interesting challenge - both design and photography wise!

Here it is currently:






Blah. Blah. And more blah. In fact, I never realised quite how 'blah' until I just looked at the photos!
Some nice pieces (most awaiting TLC) though just a jumbled-up mish-mash of everything I have no-where else to put really.

And here's the floor plan:


As with pretty much every other room in our home there's at least one weird angle. In this case it means a standard double bed can't even fit without the door banging into it - see, it really is teeny-tiny. 

Based on the shape and size of the space I've already deduced that only three main pieces of furniture will work; a cot, a dresser/change table and some kind of nursing chair. I'm still a little undecided on the feel I wanna go for so whatever pre-loved bargains I can find will probably help dictate the direction.

Soooo, let the scavenging begin I guess.

Oh, and remember, we don't know whether that bundle in there (affectionately referred to as 'crazy baby' for now - did anyone else have a non-stop kicking and punching machine?) is a boy or girl so I suppose relative neutrals will be pretty key - though no real surprises there.

Wish me luck (and stay tuned for all the coming nursery updates)!


Post a Comment

Daha yeni Daha eski